Dictionary.com defines self-empowerment as ‘deriving the strength to do something through your own thoughts and based on the belief that one knows what is best for oneself.’ Essentially, anything you may want to be, to do, or to have begins with you! You are in control of your own self, your own life, if you don’t believe that thing will happen, and you don’t try to make them happen, they won’t happen.
Sounds great, but how does it work? How can you be self-empowered and actually start to make things happen, when you’re not feeling powerful or confident? In this article you will be given the tips and tools necessary to make that happen!
* Start with looking back, finding those feel good moments in your life. Those times that you did something in your life that you stepped out of your comfort zone and surprised everyone, including yourself. You are able to draw great confidence and strength from those times!
* Write it all down. Create a clear list of things that make you powerful. Things that you are good at, things that you have going for you. Are you compassionate, understanding, determined, faithful? Write it down!
* Do not compare yourself to others. We all do it from time to time, we get jealous over a skill or quality that someone possesses (or we believe they possess) more than we do, without stopping to realize that we may also possess skills that they do not, possibly things that they are jealous of you for! To be empowered you must realize that you are strong because you are different, not in spite of it. No one else is exactly like you, so use that to your advantage!
* Take care of yourself. To be powerful, keep yourself in the best condition possible. That means putting in good fuel, being active, focusing on yourself, allowing yourself time to meditate, to relax. If you are working to bring out the best in yourself, you need to take care of yourself!
* Practice affirmations. Tell yourself how great you are! How strong you are! How powerful you are! Have you ever heard the quote, ‘I think therefore I am?’ This is where that comes into play! Affirmations can be anything that you want to establish within your mind.
We’ve talked about looking back at your past, now it’s time to visualize your future! Where do you want to be, what do you want to do, how do you envision your life ten years from now? What potential do you want to unlock? Now, discover the steps it will take to get you there, set those as goals for yourself, and begin to take action! When you begin to see results, you will be more confident and empowered to create more results.
So get out there, create a sense of self-empowerment for yourself, and unlock the potential to do things that you’ve only dreamt of doing!